Launch Academy provides intensive growth strategy development and implementation assistance to groups of small businesses annually. Businesses with strong potential for growth and job creation will have the opportunity to participate in this highly competitive and desired program. Launch Academy will yield a diverse and distinguished group of entrepreneurs to drive innovation and economic development in the GreatBiz community for many years.
The Application window for the 2017 Launch Academy program is now closed.
Stay tuned to see the great companies in this year’s L.A. groups.
Sign up for our email newsletter to receive program updates and notifications on the next group application windows.
Sign up for the 2018 Launch Academy program: Limited to 15 Businesses
BECOME PART OF OUR NEXT LAUNCH ACADEMY GROUP
LAUNCH GROUP 1
LAUNCH GROUP 2 (Spring 2018)
GROWTH-ORIENTED SMALL BUSINESSES ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
Each class will be selected through a highly competitive, merit-based application process. Founders, owners, or executive managers of growth-oriented small businesses are eligible to apply. These businesses must:
- Be a for-profit company based in Northern California
- Have been in business for at least two years
- Have annual revenues between $150,000 and $2,000,000
- Have at least one full-time employee (can include founder/owner positions)
- Have identified opportunities for business expansion
This stage of companies, after startup but before maturity, tends to be under served in California (and nationally), so Launch Academy offers a unique opportunity to help expand growth-oriented businesses and strengthen the entrepreneurial ecosystem across the region.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
Launch Academy is a group-based program. Each participant will be part of a CEO network of roughly 15 peer business leaders and will receive tailored services to measurably advance their business and achieve significant business development milestones. Program elements will include, but not be limited, to:
- Entrepreneurship education curriculum: Delivery of a proven, established curricula for growth-oriented entrepreneurs and small businesses focused on the unique challenges of scaling established businesses. This intensive curriculum includes an opening dinner event, six class-based sessions (meeting every other week), and a culminating “demo day” showcase event.
- Management assistance and support: Ongoing one-on-one support, mentoring, and technical assistance from our team of business advisors and mentors with expertise including leadership, market research analysis, business strategy, technology development, and sales growth assistance. Realizing that businesses will have unique needs, each Launch Academy participant will have up to a budget for specialized resources needed to advance their growth strategy (could include making prototypes, market focus groups, lean manufacturing analysis, etc.).
- Access to capital: Assistance and connections to growth capital, including preparing investor due-diligence backup documentation, matchmaking events, and introductions with local lenders and investors.
- Connections and networks: Strengthening connections and networks, including developing valuable relationships with peer entrepreneurs, support resources, mentors, potential supply chain partners, etc.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The cost to participate in Launch Academy is $2999, scholarships and payment options are available; however, all businesses selected for this highly competitive opportunity must make a firm commitment of time to participate in the program.
WHO IS INVOLVED?
GreatBiz Funding is the fiscal and administrative lead for the project with implementation support from other regional partners.
INTERESTED IN BEING PART OF OUR MENTOR NETWORK?
If you are interested in joining our community of mentors for Launch Academy businesses, please fill out this quick (two questions + contact info) interest form, and we’ll add you to our growing network of mentors working to scale small businesses in GBF.