Introducing GreatBiz Funding Next Level Program: A new peer-to-peer course designed specifically for existing entrepreneurs (and often past Foundations participants) that recognize business planning doesn’t stop when the doors open.
GreatBiz is very excited to be launching Next Level in 2017, a new course specifically designed for existing entrepreneurs that want to continue improving their business in a Foundations-like peer setting once they have actual numbers and market feedback to work with.
Do you have a new idea that you would like to put through a business planning process while also considering how it fits into the larger business?
- Have you been so caught up in the day-to-day that you have lost sight of the big picture and feel like the business is running you more than you running the business?
- Are you sitting at a crossroads, considering whether to scale up or scale back? Are you trying to determine whether to tap into a broader market or go more niche? Considering increasing overhead expenses but not sure about whether profits will increase to match them?
- Do you need accountability and support to actually work on your business amidst running your business and know you could benefit from receiving feedback from peers in a confidential environment?
The Next Level course gives you the opportunity to assess how things have been going up to this point, while also visioning for the future. This process will reconnect you to the “why” of your venture and help create in-roads to meeting both your short and long term goals.
The GreatBiz Next Level Class is a five week course offered within a peer-to-peer learning environment. It is coupled with one-on-one coaching support to address challenges and opportunities directly related to your venture. This course also provides the opportunity to determine if and when to scale your business model and can serve as an excellent precursor to our Launch Academy program.
- Week 1: The focus this week is on regaining perspective of your venture today, your mission and vision, and what your goals are for this course and for the future. It is also a chance to get to know your fellow cohort members and begin learning from their entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Weeks 2 and 3: During these sessions we focus on the numbers and the stories that they tell. In Week 2, we will interpret key financial statements and look closely at each line of business within the venture in relation to units of sale, break-even points, and profit and sales goals. During Week 3, we will utilize GBF Financial Tools to create cash flow projections for the future based on new ideas or opportunities surfacing within the business.
- Weeks 4: We focus on the marketing efforts to date: how is the venture generating awareness about its products and services and gaining feedback from its audiences? During Week 4 we will review all current marketing materials and revisit core concepts of creating a strong brand identity while gaining feedback from peers. During this week we will brainstorm and create new ideas and pathways for connecting with our clients and customers.
- Week 5: Week 5 provides the setting for final presentations of participant’s action plans for moving forward, with time left for a potluck celebration and final reflections.
During weekly focus sessions, each participant will have an opportunity to harness the group’s honest feedback on the portions of their venture that could benefit from critical attention. Focus sessions start week 2 and will feature 2-3 entrepreneurs each week.
The course fee is $375; some partial scholarships are available (see below). A minimum deposit of 50% of the total is due upon enrollment, with the remaining balance due at least one business day prior to when the class begins. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, check, and credit card. You will receive a confirmation email which contains a payment link option for any outstanding balances. Please note that your seat is not officially reserved until the deposit is paid.
If you live in the Sacramento Valley area and have low-to-moderate income, you may qualify for a partial scholarship (valued at $150). Complete the online registration form and access the scholarship application within the form. Each class offering has a limited number of scholarships available on a first come, first served basis.
We are currently offering Next Level at our Sacramento GBF location. Please find a list of currently available start dates below. Class will begin on the start date and will meet on the same weekday and time every week for five weeks. To inquire about adding your name to a waiting list for FULL classes, contact Contact Jen at Jennifer@greatbizfunding.com or 916-934-2311 for details.